Punjabi film ‘Sajjan Singh Rangroot’ which hit the theatres on March 23 last Friday is generating good business. The film starring Punjabi superstar Diljit Dosanjh, who plays a character of Sajjan Singh in the movie. In addition to the role of Sajjan Singh, he was a British-Indian Army Officer and Maharaja of Ratlam State, who ruled from 1893-1947.
The film received good word of mouth at the box office, has gotten a positive response from the critics along with impressive ratings. The film is generating so much positive buzz as it is the biggest Punjabi movie till date. Pankaj Batra’s directorial Pollywood flick is also released in Hindi and English.
Pollywood ‘Sajjan Singh Rangroot’ First Week Box Office Collection:
Diljit Dosanjh starrer Sajjan Singh Rangroot revolves around the real-life story of Maharaja Sir Sajjan Singh. For those who aren’t aware, he was the very first Maharaja of Ratlam State, ruling from 1893 to 1947, and played a major role in World War 1.
The film is based on the brotherhood between British Army and Indian Army. The future box office reports of the film will be good for sure. Just have a look at the total earning of Sajjan Singh Rangroot.
- Box office collection day 1 (Fri): 1,15,00,000 (Approx)
- Box office collection day 2 (Sat): 1,25,00,000 (Approx)
- Box office collection day 3 (Sun): 1,75,00,000 (Approx)
- Box office collection day 4 (Mon): 75,00,000 (Approx)
- Total 4 days box office collection: 4,90,00,000 (Approx)
- Box office collection day 5 (Tue): Will be updated soon…
- Box office collection day 6 (Wed): Will be updated soon…
- Box office collection day 7 (Thu): Will be updated soon…
The last week released Pollywood flick has grossed $900,00 overseas in four days which is a pretty good total for a Punjabi movie. The film managed to earn around £85,000 from a dead market like the United Kingdom which is quite impressive according to Punjabi film industry’s perspective, maybe because the film is relatable for the UK audience as compared to the Indian audience who will have less knowledge about World War One.